|The Rock Stars of Romance||
20 things you may or may not know about me.
1) The most obvious. I’m addicted to Diet Pepsi.
2) I hate styrofoam. A lot.
3) I live on a lake, but am terrified of water.
4) I’m very particular about my pens. In fact, there’s only one pen I like. It’s this one.
5) I have two sisters. One is completely opposite from me. The other is a good mixture of the two of us. I like them both okay.
6) I met my husband when I was sixteen and we married when I was twenty. I’m 34 now, so I’ve been with him more than half my life. I like him a lot. He’s neat.
7) The word “author” terrifies me. It makes writing feel like work, and I never want this to feel like work.
8) I’m forgetful, disorganized, scatterbrained and aloof. I have no idea how I find it in me to finish a book and have it make any sense at all to a reader.
9) I’m horrible at booking flights. I mess up every single flight I book, so I’m no longer allowed to book flights. The last flight I booked I somehow managed to buy myself a ticket to New York City on a Friday and a return flight on the Thursday before. That’s kind of impossible without a wrinkle in time.
10) I love music. The Airborne Toxic Event and The Avett Brothers are my top two faves right now.
11) I don’t write to educate, inform or impress. I write to entertain. I hope it’s working.
12) I had never read a romance novel before writing SLAMMED. I pretty much stuck to true crime non-fiction and biographies before then. Now I barely have time to read, but when I do it’s more than likely an NA or YA contemporary romance.
13) I think Harry Connick, Jr. is neat. Really neat.
14) I hate my cell phone. It gives me anxiety and I hide it from myself a lot.
15) Because of #14, I’m a really crappy friend. I’m hard to get in touch with and kind of unreliable. I’m not proud of this, but I own it.
16) I grew up on a dairy farm milking cows every weekend. We had chickens and pigs and cows, but never a horse. My dad told us we didn’t have enough land to own a horse, but now that I’m an adult I realize that wasn’t true at all. We had plenty of land for a horse. I’m not resentful about never getting a horse. Nope. Not at all.
17) I hate shopping. Like REALLY hate it. It gives me anxiety.
18) I love going to the movies. It’s my favorite thing to do, even if the movie sucks.
19) I’m very unemotional and I’m not a romantic at all. So the fact that I write romance novels that make a lot of people cry is really strange.
20) Reading this list makes me sound like a terribly awful, forgetful, anxiety-ridden human being. I’m really not. I’m pretty normal.